Monday, August 10, 2009

G.I. Joe suprised me.


I'm not saying it was good, I'm not saying it was bad, but it was entertaining. I do think however if the movie stayed the same and the name was something different like "SUPER SOLIDERS" then it would have been a flop!

Actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played HEAVY DUTY, really seemed to be the only character in the movie that "took you back" to the old days of Joe. His voice, his mystique, all were very G.I. JOE cartoon-like. His "YO JOE!" at the end of the film made you want to follow him in unison!

But I am a movie lover, not a hater!

2 comments:

Dre' Leon said...

I heard mix reviews about this movie, some liked it, some hated it.

I think it really depends on your expectation of the movie. If you go in w/ high expectations then you will be disappointed. and this rule applies for all types of movies: good, mediocore, bad.

To be honest i thought this movie was gonna be terrible (in terms of acting) from the 1st time i watched the trailer. the trailer was filled w/ a lot of eye candy special fx's and action but didn't really offer anything more than that.

so my expectations are so low that i think my when/if i see it i'll say the same thing "G.I. Joe suprised me..."

J.T. Boyd said...

@ kid.a...i agree with you in regards of the "level of expectations." The movie will be to you what you make it.

I personally wasn't expecting it to be terrible or great. I wanted to give it a fair chance. And I did. I guarantee you will be entertained if you go see it, you just may not want to become a "JOE!"

I wish you Good viewing.